Saturday, December 10, 2011

Our Week….

Our week has shown considerable progress:0) with our first born adjusting to our second born.  John Parker (we think) has come to the realization that Reese is staying put.  Our biggest obstacle is sharing…for example he does not want her to use his wipes, his blanket, or be around his grandmas, dad, etc.  Other than that we are adjusting fine.  John Parker has finally come around with me and actually lets me hold and love on him!  Hopefully I am off his bad list.

A little behind on posting but....last Saturday John Parker fell asleep watching college football.  This has happened a handful of times and every time I think I need a picture because I am so amazed that he is soo tired and will just fall out any where.  We also had a visit from Danny and Karen.  It so nice of them to drive all this way to meet Reese and play with John Parker.  He LOVED playing with Karen and had the best time with his Poppy and Inga!  We love you guys and thank you for coming up!
PC036423 - CopyPC036427

I snapped this pic while Reese was sleeping.  Notice the hands above the head…this is how Greg & John Parker both sleep.
PC056432

I took this pic to show John Parker with his balloon that Reese got him from the hospital gift shop.  He carries it every where and if I ask him where it got it he tells us Gi.
PC066434PC066439

This is what I do all day….I stare at this precious baby!  We are between sizes of newborn-0/3 months.  This is a Target newborn and it is sooo big which seems to be the case with all the cute Target newborn onesies I bought.  Urgh.  We are currently wearing a size 1 diaper so when we go to the doctor Monday I am anxious to see how much the little eating machine has grown!
PC076464

Proof of the break through…
PC076471
PC076473
PC076475
Oops…never mind. Regression.
PC076477

C came down to meet her new cousin.  She did sooo good holding her.  C told John Parker that it’s neat that he has a new baby cousin.  Hee hee.  Between that and breastfeeding she is probably going home full of questions for her parents!
PC086479

Then C took these pics…
PC086484PC086489
(yes it’s blurry and I look horrible…I haven’t been out in public in ages but I am finally back in good graces with my son.  I want to commemorate the moment.)
PC086497

JP took this one of the Fresh Beat Band on TV…
PC086500

I took this one…they are both saying "cheese"
PC086493

This is one of John Parker’s art pieces from story hour.  It is suppose to be a porcupine.  Once upon a time it had body parts but they have all disappeared.  John Parker always likes to stop and talk to it but I have made the decision it has to go after two and half months of lurking around our house.  Really this could be impossible to put in a  scrapbook scrapbox so I thought a pic on the blog would be the next best thing!
PC086502

One last pic of my girl….thought I would try the bow thing.  Each pic took about 1 second.  Then the bow made her MAD.  My goal is to have her wearing bows by the time we make public appearances.  A little practice each day…guess I should start with the smaller ones! Smile
PC086504PC086511

Today is Greg’s 31st birthday!  Last night we celebrated with friends at a winery.  It was our first big night out since Reese was born.  We were gone exactly 3 hours.  The winery is less than 15 minutes from our house so it was a quick dinner out.  I didn’t take any pics but it sooo nice to have adult conversations and catch up with our good friends!  Happy birthday Greg…We LOVE you!!!!

No comments: