Sunday, December 18, 2011

Family Fun…

I am trying REALLY hard to update more than once a week.  Due to sleep deprivation, it is hard to remember what is going on in the pics if I don’t write it down quickly.

Pics of John Parker hanging around the house…
PC116516PC116531
The balloon is still around…getting a little flat but he is still rather attached to it.  I have a feeling I will be making another trip to Southeast Hospital to purchase a replacement in a few weeks.
PC126535
John Parker acting like a scary monster and trying to attack me while I am holding his sister and obviously a camera.
PC126538
This is what Reese does when I talk to her.  She starts flapping her arms and becomes overjoyed with excitement.  Not sure if it’s me or gas.
PC126540PC126541
Further proof of a family member that sleeps with their hands behind their head.  I am the only sane sleeper in the family that sleeps with my arms down. 
PC156545
Friday night we had a big family outing to Holcomb (shout out to KT in Finland) to their latest restaurant.  The new trend going on in Dunklin County is not Strawberries but their sister restaurant which is a steak house.  This is the BEST steak ever.  Each part of my meal was comparable to all my favorite steak eateries!  That texas toast had me reflecting on my days at Jerry’s.  It was Reese’s first big outing & she did great!  Number #1 not so much.  He was being somewhat of a handful.  Three positives for him….he let the entire restaurant know he had to pee which we are so happy he is admitting….which he did in the toilet of the men’s restroom. Second positive….he chose his father had to take him.  Third positive…there was a Santa look alike eating.  JP started shaping up when we pointed him out. Before we left he even went over and told Santa he wanted choo choos for Christmas.   See zoomed in pic below….
PC166547PC166547
I also want to add that this event took me 2 hours to get  two kids and myself ready.  Sigh.  That’s how long it use to take ME to get ready for a party in college.  Oh how the world has changed. 
PC166552PC166555PC166557
Cookie time!  John Parker, Greg, and I made Christmas cookies yesterday.  Greg took some actions shots.  Yes, I am the only one still in my pjs.  Greg just loves it when I wear my Christmas pjs.Smile We made peanut butter reindeer cookies and Christmas tree sugar cookies.  We delivered them to grandparents and aunts and uncles.  It was a lot of fun.  John Parker had his own dough he worked with.  I had Christmas music playing and while he worked he danced!  It was too fun!!!  This is a tradition that my mom use to do with us when we were kids.  I cannot wait for Reese to join us.  She missed out this year due to her excessive napping.
PC176558PC176559PC176563PC176565PC176568PC176569PC176572PC176573

I took John Parker to church today while Greg stayed home with Reese.  This is what I dressed him in.  Greg nor my father approved but I think he looks dashing.  I thought if I bought a long-all with ducks on it they might like it.  It reverses to a brown and blue check pattern with footballs. I tried to cover my bases with the long-all theme.  It was either that or alligators.  This is the outfit that we will get lots of wear out of….which the two family fashionistas I am sure will not approve.  I love kelly’s kids!
PC186578
After church we ate at Gi and Pas….
PC186582
John Parker is saying “cheese” in this pic.
PC186583
And because John Parker and I were so strongly criticized over fashion choices I thought I would snap a pic of Greg, Gary, & John Parker playing “Ring Around the Rosie” after lunch.  How manly of them.  Ahh Revenge.

PC186585
This is what my sweet girl did while the men were playing their after dinner games.  Unfortunately that pink blanket does nothing for her coloring.  But she’s asleep.  We wanted to keep her that way.  She stayed.  I got my pic.
PC186588
One week until Christmas and one week until Reese is one month old!  My kids will be 18 before we know it!!!
We have a BUSY week ahead.  Playdates, Christmas Parties, wrapping gifts, baking, cooking, and visits with friends!

1 comment:

Erika Slaughter said...

Hey girl!! Know it's super late notice but were headed to mo right now. Well be here until Tuesday. If you guys have a second and want to get together...call me 469.834.9548. If you're super busy...no big deal...we totally understand. Next time I'll give you more warning!