Thursday, December 22, 2011

Story Hour, Playdates & Christmas Mischief

I took John Parker to story hour Tuesday.  We met his buddies there and then we went to the Mills for lunch and cupcake decorating! 


Notice the mushroom hair style.  I brushed, sprayed, rubbed it down with a wet towel, and had him wear a hat.  Same result every time. 
PC196589
1) I had this same hair when I was his age….really.  2) He needs a haircut & I turned this job over to his father.  3)  His father finally decided it was looking like a mushroom & he’s getting a cut Friday.  Merry Christmas John Parker.Smile

Playing with buddies Lanie & Claire.  John Parker chased them around the house growling (he informed me it was a scary monster) and they ran from him squealing.  Ahh what the future holds!
PC206595PC206596PC206599PC206600PC206604PC206606PC206611PC206612

Jiles & his mom Stephanie came over to join us.  He is one and that child can eat like no other.  In this pic he is walking around the table stealing food.  Too funny!
PC206613

This sweet girl stayed behind with her Gi Gi so I could enjoy some much needed one on one time with her brother. 
PC206622

Last night we did take out and while waiting for G to pick it up I frantically fixed JP something to eat.  I put Reese in her swing (which usually lasts 2-3 minutes) and asked JP to keep an eye on her (we have found if we give him a job when it comes to Reese then he is less likely to do something that will result in him getting in trouble;).  The kitchen is right next to the playroom so I could watch both of them….this is what I saw…..
PC216624
Not signing him up for sitting services anytime soon.  There are 3 chairs at this table.  One that faces the tv and swing, one that faces the wall, the swing and his toys on the table, and the third chair he NEVER sits in.  That is the one he is sitting in with his back to his sister.  Strike 87.

Later that night during his bath he told us he was pumping. That would lighten my load if I could pass that job off to someone else.  Unfortunately John Parker, those vitamin bottle caps will not get the job done.
PC216626PC216628

We have been getting lots of gifts in the mail & JP has done a great job of staying out of the tree (thank you Chippy).  He is very inquisitive about all the gifts & wants to know who they are all for.  When we are naming them off he will say “and me?”  He has also been carrying on some in depth conversations with Chippy.  Last night we let him open one.  He picked the “one” that was actually three separate gifts tied together.  Smart kid.  This gift was from Aunt Nancy, Arnie & Jordan all the way from Fairhope AL….
PC216635PC216639
(this pic cracks me up….we have to work on our “cheese”)
PC216641PC216650PC216652
If you look closely, John Parker got his Jimmy Buffet starter set.  Too funny!  Aunt Nancy & Arnie are the biggest Parrotheads so apparently they want their great nephew to be also!  He also got a tee shirt but he wouldn’t hold it up.  He thought we were going to make him change out of his pjs & him wanting to stay in his pjs is a weird phase he’s going through right now.  Thanks Aunt Nancy, Arnie & Jordan!!!  We are just thankful it wasn’t an Ole Miss starter set!Smile

And this morning…..Reese played with her hands.  The same hands that will be performing brain surgery some day.
PC216661PC216664PC216669PC216671PC216677PC216678

I love this girl.  I love maternity leave. I love that Christmas is only a few days away. I love that I get to catch up friends today then a girls party tonight.  I love that Saturday we are making salt dough ornaments with Reese & John Parker’s hand prints.  I love that Greg has not started putting John Parker’s train table together and will probably be up all night on Christmas Eve and I will get to say “told you so”  hee hee!
Kelly V-  that was my Thursday LovesSmile

No comments: